The standing dumbbell bicep curl is one of the great exercise that helps to train the biceps muscle, it is an effective exercise to boost and increases more biceps size. The movement should be done with one arm at a time, be focused, and concentrate throughout. You should not hollow your back. Contract your biceps at the top part of the movement for some seconds before you extend back your hands to add more effectiveness.
Standing Dumbbell Bicep Curl Performance
Here is how to train your biceps with the standing dumbbell bicep curl for more biceps muscle. Follow this easy guide whenever you want to perform the exercise.
- Position yourself well stand in an upright position grab the dumbbells with an underhand grip. Your feet should be about 45 cm apart.
- The dumbbells should be at your sides with your arms fully extend, keep your head up and your back straight throughout the exercise.
- Curl one dumbbell up slowly towards your shoulder, pause for a second and lower it back slowly again.
- Make sure your leg must not move around during the exercise and do not swing the dumbbells with your hands.
- Curl the other arm in the same way you do for the first arm, as you lower the dumbbell. Note that the down motion should be slightly slower than the up motion.
- Repeat the process again to your desire reps. Concentrate and focus on controlling the weight throughout the performance of the exercise and don’t let the weight fall off from your hands during the exercise.
- Don’t create any momentum or difficulties that can jeopardize the good performance of the exercise.
- Don’t overweight yourself, it always better you grab the weight that your power can control, and with that, you will be able to perform and control the exercise very well.
- You may need someone to assist you out through the process by an expert or a personal trainer on this exercise.
Check out this video for it shows you the perfect way to perform the Standing Dumbbell Bicep Curl
Precautions and safety measures
Here how you safely perform the standing dumbbell biceps curls.
Make your position to be correct.
It is important to perform this exercise correctly. Positioned yourself well do not bend your back or hollow your back when performing this exercise your hands should be at the shoulder-width apart.
Your feet should be about 45 cents meter apart you must be standing up straight looking forward and make sure that you grab the dumbbells with an underhand grip.
Focus and concentrate on yourself.
It is very important to be focus and concentrated throughout the exercise don’t create any momentum or difficulties that can jeopardize the good performance.
On performing this exercise do not swing or lean back when you lift the weight don’t let the weight stray or fall off from your hands and don’t bend your leg during the exercise.
Don’t move too fast and resist a little more.
Bring the weight up as high as you can resist a little second at the up position and pull all the way down until your arms are nearly stretch.
Keep your elbows still during the performance and let them close to your sides your arms and hands should be in a straight line your feet must not move around throughout the exercise.
Here is the benefit of performing the standing dumbbell bicep curl.
It trains, strengthens, and boosts more biceps muscle. It is one of the effective biceps exercise that helps build a mass biceps muscle. The standing dumbbell biceps curl helps train the biceps than any other biceps exercise. Another important thing about this exercise is that it can also be done out of the gym. It helps with more strength and development of more size in the biceps.
This post has shown you how to perfectly perform Standing Dumbbell Bicep Curl including video images and text on how to do it.
If you have any question comment or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.