I will be walking you through how to perform hammer curl biceps exercise on this topic including video and images on how to properly perform it. However, if you have any questions concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section down the bottom.
About Hammer Curl
It is one of the effective and strength exercise to target train and add more strength to the biceps muscles. The Hammer curl is great to train biceps better. It is known as an arms training exercise to boost mass, train, and gives the forearm muscle.
It is performed by holding dumbbells in both hands and curling them up one after the other or both at the same time.
Doing this exercise and that movement with full contraction at the top will also target and train the top of the biceps and give your biceps a great shape.
How To Perform Hammer Curl-Biceps Exercise
Here is how you can perfectly perform the hammer curls to target and train your biceps, follow these easy guides whenever you want to perform this exercise.
- Position yourself very well and grab pair of dumbbells, extend your arms fully and hold the dumbbells with your thumbs pointing straight forward.
- while still stand upright facing forward holding the dumbbells.
- bend your knees slightly and make sure that your back is straight.
- Then, curl up the dumbbells until the weights almost touch your shoulders.
- Make sure your biceps are fully contracted and exhale as you go.
- Squeeze the biceps and press the dumbbells against your shoulders for some seconds so that you can fill the intensity of the contraction in your bicep muscle before returning to the beginning position.
- Don’t hollow your back, keep your elbows at your waist throughout.
- Repeat the process again to your desire reps.
Your shoulders should be slightly low as you curl the dumbbells up and keep your abdominals contract.
It is advised to shift your chest forward a few cm as you curl the dumbbells up and press your shoulders down but do not elevate your shoulders.
Don’t let the dumbbells fall down, stray off or overweight your self and don’t twist your hands when curling it up. You can also perform it curling one arm at a time.
The down motion should be slightly slower than the up motion. Don’t lean back and forth when you curl up.
You should remain still throughout the exercise.
Move the dumbbell slowly and carefully.
Don,t’ create any momentum or difficulties for yourself during this exercise.
You may need to be supervised by an expert or personal trainer during the performance.
You should be in full control of the weight throughout the exercise, don’t let the weight control you. Repeat the process again to your desire reps.
Check out this video below for it shows you how to properly Hammer Curl-Biceps Exercise.
Precautions and safety guides
Here are the precautions and safety guides to follow for hammer curls performance, follow them when for a better performance.
- Make sure that you your position is correct and be straight throughout the exercise.
- Keep your back is straight and do not hollow your back throughout the performance.
- keep your elbows at your waist when when you curl up and down throughout and do not twist your hands when curling it up.
- Shift your chest forward slightly a few cm as you curl and extend your arms fully.
- Move slowly and concentrate.
- Move the dumbbell slowly and carefully, the down motion should be slightly slower than the up motion.
- Don’t let the dumbbells fall or stray off of your hands.
- Don’t overweight yourself grab the weight that you can be able to control because you must be in full control throughout the exercise, you don’t want to let the weight control you.
- Keep your abdominals contracted.
- Squeeze the biceps for some seconds at the top return back.
Here are some benefit in performing Hammer curls.
- It help to train and boosting strength to the biceps. Hammer curl is one of the great exercise helps train build more biceps muscle and it also helps with more strength.
- Help develop more size into the biceps.
- One of the best biceps exercise you can do for your biceps extensions.
- Hammer curl also helps to contact and train the chest partially
This post has shown you how to perfectly perform the How To Perform Hammer Curl-Biceps Exercise including video images and text on how to do it.
If you have any question comment or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.