This is an important and effective exercise for the leg and the gastrocnemius muscle, it helps train both legs and shape the lower body better than any other exercise.
On this topic, I am going to be walking you through how to Perform the barbell calf raise standing calf Exercise to train your calf including video and image on how to perform it. If you have any questions concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section.
About Barbell Calf Raise Standing Calf Exercise
It is advised to do this with care and sometimes you may need to be supervised by an expert or a personal trainer. It is a great free-weight exercise that can be done without leaning on the wall or a hack quart machine. The barbell calf raise standing is an effective leg exercise help to train the calf and add more strength to it.
This exercise is best performed standing on the step box, holding a light barbell at the upper part of your back, leaning against the wall, or on a hack squat machine. You can also do this exercise without leaning on the wall or using the hack quart machine.
How To Perform Barbell Calf Raise Standing Calf Exercise.
The barbel calf raise standing calf exercise guide here, follow this easy step whenever you want to do it.
- Position yourself and stand in a straight position on the step box, grab the barbell, and put it on top of the upper part of your back while still standing hold the barbell with an overhand grip.
- Rest the barbell on the upper portion of your back for not to get your neck hurt. Take care do not rest the weight on your neck.
Don’t overweight yourself start with a lightweight, it is advised to start with at least 20 kg on your barbell maximum for not to overweight yourself. Let you shoulder-width apart or less. Your hands should be almost twice your shoulder width. It is important to be straight throughout this exercise your upper body should be straight throughout and you should also be looking straight forward don’t look down and focus.
Check out this video below for it shows you How To Perform Barbell Calf Raise Standing Calf Exercise
- Stretched your calf muscles and your heels on the floor slowly while keeping your abs tight, your back, and your body straight.
- Raise your heels until your calf muscles are fully contracted.
- Hold the highest position for 1 second before lower your heels down again to the beginning position.
Your calf muscles should be slightly stretch at the highest point of the movement.
If you want to perform it leaning on the wall or hack the squat machine, position yourself and the barbell on top of the upper portion of your back close to the wall, hold the barbell with an overhand grip and get down.
Here are precautions and safety guides to take when performing barbell calf raise standing, follow them whenever you want to do this exercise.
- Take a correct position and be straight throughout the performance, Your hands must be almost twice your shoulder width, your feet about shoulder-width.
- Your back must be straight throughout and do not hollow your back during the performance. You must be looking straightforward.
- Focus and concentrated move slowly do not move too fast, lower your heels slowly, and before lower your heels hold the highest position for 1 second and Keep Your calf muscles slightly stretch at the lower highest of the movement.
- Keep your abs tight. Rest the barbell on the upper portion of your back, do not rest the weight on your neck and you must be looking straightforward.
Here are the benefits of performing barbell calf raise standing.
- Barbell calf raise standings is a great exercise that helps in train calf muscles.
- It is also an effective exercise that helps with the development of mass and power in calf muscles.
- It helps train gastrocnemius.
- Barbell calf raise standing is an effective leg exercise for better quadriceps, it helps to improve the calf with strength and building more muscles. It adds a V shape to your leg.
- Barbell calf raise standing trains the upper calf muscles and helps shape up the lower body better than any other exercise. It is great for the development of more muscles in the lower calf and increasing muscle tussle.
How To Perform Barbell Calf Raise Standing Calf Exercise-Conclusion
This post has helped you with how to perform the barbell calf raise standing calf exercise plus video and images to do it. If you have any question comment or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.