It is a great strength exercise to train the upper back muscles and can also partially train and boost more strength to the lower back too. On this topic, I am going to be walking you through How To Perform Barbell Bent Over Rows to train your back and add more size to it including video and image on how to perform it. If you have any questions concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section.
About barbell bent-over rows.
The barbell bent-over rows is an effective back exercise to train and build more back muscles,
Barbell bent-over also known as a compound movement it is a great exercise for the neck, traps, and back muscles.
It can be performed using a barbell or dumbbells its can also be performed with the universal machine bench press. Barbell bent-over is an excellent effective training exercise for the back, neck, and trapezius muscles.
when you are using a barbell, bend forward from the hips and keeping your back flat, and slightly bend your knees. It is advised not to overweight yourself. Keep focus and concentrate throughout. Put your safety belt on to prevent your back from injuries.
How to perform the barbell bent-over barbell Rows.
Here is the correct way to perform the exercise, follow these easy guides whenever you want to perform it.
- Position yourself and place the bar on the floor in front of yourself.
- Bend forward from the hips and keep your back flat, and slightly bending your knees stand with your feet parallel and with your shoulder-width apart.
- Lift the bar away from the floor slowly
Check out this video below for it shows you how to perform barbell bent over rows
- Pull the bar towards your lower chest slowly until it touches the lower part of your rib cage
- Hold that position for a second before lower the bar to the starting position then, exhale as you go
- Get some rest and repeat the same process again to your desired reps.
- The up motion should be slightly slower than the lower motion. keep concentration and focus on lifting the weight.
- You are going to be using an overhand grip for this exercise with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, your torso should be parallel to the ground and your arms should be fully extended
Follow the safety and Precautions guides here when performing bent-over barbell rows.
- Keep your back flat and slightly bend your knees do not hollow your back when performing the exercise.
- Grab the bar with an overhand grip and make your hands be slightly wider than the shoulder length.
- Positioned yourself very well and do not hollow back.
- Lower and lift slowly.
- Don’t be too fast move slowly.
- Put on your safety weight lifting belt to protect your back from injuries.
- Hold the up position for a second or 2 before lower back.
- The up motion should be slightly slower than the down motion.
- Concentrated and focus.
- The bar should not fall off or stray away from your hands.
Here are some benefits of performing barbell bent-over rows.
- The bent-over barbell row is an effective exercise that trains and boosts strength to the back. It is one of the great exercise that helps build back. with this compound exercise, you can target and build size to your upper back.
- It trains and strength lower back the part this is a great exercise you should be doing regularly if you want to have a good back shape.