It is performed by bending the upper body sideways, without twisting your body, you only have to bend your upper body throughout. On this topic, I am going to be walking you through How To Do Dumbbell Side Bend to train your obliques including video and image on how to perform it. If you have any questions concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section.
About dumbbell side bend
Dumbbell side bend is an effective oblique abdominal exercise, it is one of the best efficient side exercise that train the muscles at the side of the abdominals. Dumbbell side bend can be performed in alternative to barbell side bend, it’s also the best alternative to the cable side bend pulley.
It is perform holding two dumbbells at a time or holding one dumbbell at a time but, it is advised to perform it holding one dumbbell at a time for not to put too much pressure on the hips and for you can be able to rest the second side while training the other.
so you will need a pair of dumbbells to perform it.
Do not over yourself start with lite weight too much will put pressure on your hips.
How to do dumbbell side bend.
Here is the perfect way to the how to do dumbbell side bend, follow these easy guides whenever you want to do it.
- Stand straight forward and be still, while looking straight forward with one of your hands on your waist.
- Grab a dumbbell with an overhand grip with your head and your shoulder straight.
Check out this video below for it shows you How To Do Dumbbell Side Bend
- Bend to your side slowly either left or right, but without twisting the upper body.
- Bend as far as you can to the other of your sides.
- Lower the dumbbell slowly close and your thigh and stretch the side of your abdominals at the lowest position.
- Return back to the starting position slowly, and exhale as you go.
- Get some rest and repeat the same process again to your desire reps, 20 to 25 repetitions for each side is great.
- It is advised to start with the low weight of about 12 to 20 kg Max is recommended to hold in order to prevent yourself from overweight that can lead to injuries.
- Do not twist your upper body.
- Let your feet be at your shoulder width when you are standing to keep your heels down throughout the entire exercise.
- Your hips and your legs must be remaining still till the end of the exercise.
- Let the other hand remain always on your waist. Focus don,t let the dumbbell fall off from your hands
- It is advised to concentrate throughout the exercise and make sure to not overweight yourself.
- Remember that the returning motion should be slightly slower than the bending motion.
Here are some important safety guides to take for dumbbell side bend performance, follow the for a perfect performance anytime.
- Bend only your upper body but do not twist it.
- The rest of your body should remain straight throughout the performance.
- Do not twist your upper body standing still.
- Don’t look downward, look straight forward. Hold on to your position don’t lean forward or backward.
- keep your heels down throughout the entire exercise.
- Your hips and your legs must be remaining still throughout.
- The other hand should remain always on your waist.
- Stand still and be straight.
- Move slowly
- Putting too much pressure on your hips may get you hurt.
It is advised to perform it by holding one dumbbell at a time.
- Get yourself some rest in between reps.
- The returning motion should be slightly slower than the bending motion.
Do not swing the dumbbell away from your hands.
It is advised to do 20 to 25 repetitions for each side and to hold in-between 12 to 20kg dumbbell weight.
Here are some benefits in performing dumbbell side bends.
- It gives you perfect abdominal side muscles.
- It is one of the best abdominal exercises that train the side abdominals.
- It is great for the development of abdominal muscles and gives more abdominal strength.
- Doing this exercise regularly will prevent stomach disorder and will perfect your obliques.
- It’s one of the effective train exercise for your oblique muscles. Great to lose excess belly fat.
- Dumbbell side bend is one of the best abdominal exercise you can do to train your abdominals and your oblique to look great and healthy.
How To Do Dumbbell Side Bend -Conclusion
This post has helped you with guides on how to do dumbbell side bend including a video on how to do it.
If you have any question comment or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.