The donkey calf raises exercise performance a great exercise for calf training. It’s one of the best and effective exercises for calves, it trains both the soleus and gastrocnemius muscles.
To begging with this exercise the first thing you need to do is to Set the donkey calf raise machine according to your size before begins with the exercise or you can perform it even without the machine in this case you are carrying your training partner on your back.
The carrying your training partner is one of the oldest systems used to train calf before the insistence of the donkey calf raises machine or any other type of calf training machine.
Donkey Calf Raise Exercise Performance
Here is how to train your calf for more soleus and gastrocnemius muscles with the donkey calf raises.
- The first thing to do is to Bend down and position yourself under the donkey machine and adjust the donkey calf raise machine.
- Your lower back should be hanging down the safety pad your feet less than your shoulder-width apart and bend your knee a little.
- Put your hand on top of the front pad of the donkey machine and hold the front handle.
- Keep your knees motionless throughout the entire exercise they should not move around during the performance.
- Your upper body should be parallel to the ground and let the donkey machine back pad rest on your bottom part of your back.
- Be concentrated and Make sure that you do not create any momentum or difficulty that can jeopardize the good performance.
- So, lift your heels slowly until your calf muscles are fully stretch contracted.
- Don’t extend or bend your legs when you lift your heel, then as you lift the weight with the lower part of your back and make sure that you don’t move your knees, extend only your ankles.
- Lower your heels again slowly and carefully, then inhale as you do. Remember that the down motion should be slower than the up motion.
- upon doing this exercise you may need to be supervised by an expert or personal trainer.
If you are performing it carrying your training partner just have it in mind that your heels don’t touch the floor and also do not rest on your heels. You can increase the stretch at the lowest position of the donkey calf raise by standing on a 10 kg plate or a lower box. Repeat the process again prior to your rep.
Check out this video for it shows you how to perfectly perform the Donkey Calf Raise Exercise Performance
Here are some of the safety measures to take when performing donkey calf raise.
Keep a good Position And Concentrate.
Keep the correct position throughout the performance adjust the machine according to your size.
Your feet should be less than your shoulder width hook your lower back under the donkey calf machine pad, the pad must be resting on your lower part of your back don’t rest on your heels, and do not create any difficulty.
Make sure that you keep your knees motionless throughout the entire exercise.
Keep the calf working.
Keep only your calf working slowly, steadily and be concentrated extend only your ankles do not extend or bend your legs when you lift your heel up make sure that you don’t move your knees.
Flex harder at the top and slowly lower the weight back to the starting position. The down motion should be slightly slower than the up motion.
Here are some benefits of performing the donkey calf raise.
The donkey calf raise is an effective exercise for training your calf effectively. it helps boost more calf muscles and enhances the development of the soleus muscle to the lower calf.
It is also an effective gastrocnemius exercise it helps with the development of mass and power in your calf It shape up your lower body and helps increase muscle tissue.
The donkey calf raise helps add V-shape to your leg and helps trains the lower leg muscle.
This post has shown you how to perfectly perform Donkey Calf Raise Exercise Performance including video images and text on how to do it.
If you have any question comment or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.